Friday, 26 May 2017

Bossy Boots Bookclub Picks: June, July and August

   So I am picking my books for the next three months of bookclub. In other news it is way too hot here (yes here in England). I also am planning on going on Holiday in the summer. I was thinking about the Edinburgh Festival but staying somewhere that doesn't cost an arm and a leg is going to be hard. So I might do a long weekend somewhere else. I am going to have a think about it.

   Moving on to bookclub. Here we go!

   June:

   Bellwether by Connie Willis


   I recently read Crosstalk by her and really enjoyed it and liked how inventive it was. I've heard good things so I'm excited for this one.

   Ten New Poets, Spread the Word. Ed. Bernardine Evaristo. Daljit Nagra


   I don't often read poetry in anthology. I am looking forward to diving into this.

   July:

   Lost for Words by Stephanie Butland


   I am a sucker for any book that is about a bookshop. I am definitely looking forward to this.

   Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi


   I don't know much about this book but I do know it's had good reviews and it about the history of two sisters. I also really like that cover.

   August:

   The Borrower by Rebecca Makkai


   I know almost nothing about this other than it's about people who read (my people!). I also like a book that takes a road trip.

    A Beginner's Guide to Acting English by Shappi Khorsandi


   I am very interested to read this as I like her stand up and this looks really good.

   So next three months books picked! June's bookclub to be posted on the last Friday, the 30th of June.








No comments:

Post a Comment