Friday, 26 May 2017

The Bossy Boots Bookclub: May Edition

   It's that time again! So without delay here we go:

   Fruit of the Lemon By Andrea Levy

  

   I loved this book. This is a book that is deeply moving but also funny. There are many people here that I recognise (not all good). There is something about how uncomfortable English people are, how the conversations that white people have are made othered in the book, which I liked a lot.

   Faith, the main character made me laugh and her journey is really about knowing who she is and what came before her. It won the Orange Prize and it should have won all the awards, read this book. One of  my all time favourites I've read this year.

   The Little Theatre by the Sea by Rosanna Ley



   I liked it. I liked the setting and learning about the Theatre. I do have a confession, I read this really near the end and had to rush to finish it so I don't think I was in the best mood to be receptive. I thought that reading three over the month I could handle but I think it was just too much in the end. So I liked it, but I don't really remember it.

   Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho

   
   I really liked this book. The setting is great and the main two characters of Zachariah and Prunella I really fell in love with. It's also got a great pace. I couldn't wait to find out how this was all going to end. I was really satisfied with how it unravelled. Really good, I highly recommend.

   I am going to do a separate post choosing the books over the next three months. (June, July and August). Happy reading!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment